At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Legal Team may be small in number relative to other groups at OnDeck but is massive in impact. The Legal Team provides sound and pragmatic legal advice to drive OnDeck’s mission as the first-choice lender to small business. A key role of the Legal team is navigating issues proactively. The Legal team is comprised of three divisions: Compliance, External Affairs and Legal and as such it works closely with all the OnDeck business teams as well as external stakeholders. We seek excellent lawyers who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working closely with the business teams.
Join our impactful compliance team at OnDeck. You’ll have the opportunity to drive the compliance framework forward, shape the regulatory strategy, and be part of a dynamic and fun-loving team! This job will be located in our Denver, CO office.
In this Compliance Officer role, you will:
- Be the lead Compliance Officer for key functions, including, among other, loan origination operations, collections and credit bureau reporting.
- Work closely with OnDeck’s QA function and first line of defense, as well as external consultants conducting compliance reviews.
- Provide compliance advice to OnDeck teams, in particular Operations and Collections
- Design and help the business implement compliance policies and procedures and other controls, and drive implementation of the compliance framework
- Design and conduct compliance training
- Act as a second line of defense, including monitoring and testing responsibilities
- Help shape regulatory frameworks in an evolving industry space
- Be a key contributor in helping to grow a dynamic, fast expanding company
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's future
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 7 years of compliance or regulatory-related experience, preferably in financial services
- Knowledge of AML, FDCPA, Fair Lending, and/or Privacy a plus
- You are confident and energetic and can inspire the confidence of the business team, management, and colleagues
- You have experience working in the following areas: operational controls to comply with a variety of regulatory requirements
- You have the ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to critically analyze regulation and public policy
- You have experience driving compliance-related initiatives
- You have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
- You have the highest ethical standards
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**