Compliance Director at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Compliance Director
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis’s global ethics and compliance program is dedicated to promoting a culture that champions ethical business practices and cohesion to all applicable laws. The Compliance Director will serve as a key advocate of our program and will craft the development, implementation, administration and monitoring of various compliance program initiatives, systems and controls.What’s needed in order to do that:Ethics
- Re-structure the company program and associated policies such as anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and anti-facilitation of tax evasion and deliver communication plan to ensure broader transparency; Annual review and adherence to standard methodologies.
- Develop appropriate company-wide ethics training coordinated through the learning management system.
- Operate and maintain intranet website to provide employees visibility into available resources and applicable policies.
- Oversee third-party administered Ethics Helpline and Safety Hotline; Respond to and lead investigations reports through hotline and collect data and facts through interviewing of personnel.
- Research and provide industry trends related to ethics globally; revise and update annual trainings for Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Partner with Internal Audit to perform periodic risk assessments across the company to identify, quantify and prioritize risks, analyze findings, propose action plans to mitigate risks, and supervise implementation of action plans.
- Supervise program performance and related activities through the collection and analysis to ensure efficiency.
- Prepare quarterly reports to advise the Board of Directors and related committees on relevant ethical issues and the compliance program in general.
- Facilitate the management and administration of global records retention program.
- Supervise the gift and entertainment policy including review of requests for clearance and waivers.
- Be responsible for the administration of and compliance with applicable lobbying and political contribution rules.
- Research and recommend guidance on relevant data privacy laws.
- Develop and administer Prologis' OFAC/SDN obligations.
- Research developments and changes in various applicable laws and regulations to ensure the company is in compliance.
- Develop a comprehensive database that is responsive to potential fund investors’ request for information.
- Craft presentation of the ethics program to be used for various internal and external presentations.
- Collect quarterly certifications of compliance.
- Prepare and handle required state filings and investor certifications.
- Participate in quarterly fund compliance calls to ensure adherence to various legal obligations.
Collect, compile and analyze various legal restrictions in the marketing of real estate funds in jurisdictions around the world.
A minimum of five (5) years of compliance, legal and/or related experience.
- Law degree preferred. Paralegal certificate or equivalent acceptable with additional relevant experience.
- Knowledge of compliance processes and practices and familiarity with basic concepts and terminology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communications.
- Must have strong PC skills; ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases; Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, ability to work with minimal direction.
- Able to work under tight time-lines, balance multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proactive approach to anticipate problems and issues, exercise independent judgment to make justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to advance issues.
- Build positive relationships and encourage trust and confidence and collaborate with business partners at all levels.
- Exhibits grace under pressure, has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time