Compliance Counsel at Convercent by OneTrust
Think about compliance differently? Ready to drive true transformation in the ethics & compliance industry? Believe that digitalization will be the differentiator in ethic and compliance? Want to think like a marketer to engage and maintain culture? Excited to use data and analytics to derive true insights?
Well, this is the job for you! Convercent by OneTrust is expanding its Ethics & Compliance team and we are hiring an Ethics & Compliance Counsel. We are looking for an E&C generalist to help enhance and grow our internal program. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate, and dedicated ethics & compliance practitioner who plays within the rules but thinks outside the box.
Specifically, this individual will report to Convercent by OneTrust’s Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and would be responsible for supporting her/him in the following regards:
- Code of Trust—Developing, periodically reviewing and providing updates to the Code of Trust; ensuring continued currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees alike to better enable them to manage the risk present as they perform their job functions,
- Policy Development, Implementation, & Management—Developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general efficacy and operation of the ethics & compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct,
- Investigations & Dispute Resolution—Responding to, evaluating and investigating allegations raised via the Helpline, including violations of rules, regulations, polices, procedures and Code of Trust,
- Risk Assessment—Identifying and mitigating potential areas of ethics & compliance vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans, and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future,
- Helpline Management—Establishing and providing direction and management of the speak up/whistleblower helpline, ensuring proper reporting of concerns including those that may involve regulatory reporting obligations,
- Anti-Retaliation—Ensuring a robust and operationalized anti-retaliation program that systematically addresses retaliation and helps minimize its risk,
- Third Party Diligence—Enhancing the internal Third Party Due Diligence process and practices to properly mitigate 3rd party risk within the organization,
- Data & Analytics—Monitoring data and analytics and providing reports on a regular basis with the goal of keeping senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts—reporting to include, but not limited to, key performance indicators, key cases, and analytics,
- Business Partnerships/Program Operationalization—Providing daily advice and strategic direction for incorporating compliance processes into business operations, processes and procedures,
- Communication, Training, & Engagement—Instituting and maintaining an effective compliance marketing and communications program for the organization, including (1) promoting the use of the Compliance Helpline, (2) increasing and heightening awareness of the Code, and (3) enhancing the understanding of new and existing compliance risk, potential issues and related policies and procedures, with the main objective being working cross-functionally as appropriate to develop and effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing for all employees and managers,
- Testing & Monitoring—Performing testing and monitoring on the performance of compliance controls and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness; also monitoring and, as necessary, coordinating compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends, and
- Thought Leadership & Industry Conferences—Being a thought leader and conversationalist in ethics & compliance, helping move the ethics movement forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in the Ethics & Compliance industry
- Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity, and discretion
- Anti-corruption and bribery experience including counseling and defense
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working collaboratively, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to operationalize a compliance program within a dispersed workforce
- Creativity and the ability to think outside of the box in ways that better manages risk and excels the internal program
- Ability to serve as an advisor and confidant to the workforce
- Team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate to build relationships throughout the organization
- Sound and practical business judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary and variable compensation ranges provided here are just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $110,000 - $140,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.