Salt Lending Holding, Inc. is seeking an experienced Compliance Counsel to fill a new position in its Legal Department, reporting to the Chief Legal Officer. Salt is a start-up company based in downtown Denver which operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans.
The Compliance Counsel will oversee the company’s compliance management for its lending and servicing operations which are, or will soon be, operating in all states and certain international jurisdictions. The Compliance Counsel will ultimately serve as the company’s Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- Build and manage a compliance management system, including an annual risk assessment and BSA procedures and testing;
- Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of, and monitor the regulatory environment for, emerging legislation and policy statements, along with relevant trends and industry best practices applicable to US and foreign consumer and business lending operations;
- Conduct ad hoc and scheduled testing to assess compliance with legal, regulatory, UDAAP, AML, KYC, lending and internal company policy requirements;
- Monitor the company’s AML and KYC screening software;
- Serve as primary contact with state regulators, respond to regulatory inquiries and requests for examination;
- Manage annual reporting and document submission requirements to state and federal regulators;
- Oversee new employee and annual corporate and compliance training for all employees;
- Conduct legal research and analysis of business and compliance questions. Preparation of internal Legal Department memorandums outlining legal risks and make recommendations for risk mitigation to the Chief Legal Officer and executive team;
- Work with outside compliance and licensing counsel; and
- Other legal matters, as assigned.
Preferred Candidate Experience:
- Juris Doctor degree and license to practice law in Colorado
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in compliance with or for financial services company
- Working knowledge of federal and state lending and servicing rules and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conversant in a broad range of legal issues
- Ability to work independently and proactively, taking full responsibility and management of the company’s compliance program
- ACAMS AML certification preferred
- Must have a positive attitude and sense of humor and enjoy a flexible fast-paced work environment
Full-time position and ideal candidate currently resides in the Great Denver Area or willing to relocate. Please note this on your application or cover letter if applying from out of state.