Commercial Proposals Specialist
This position will support proposal managers with coordinating preparation and submission of responses to proposals and RFP/RFQ/tender responses for the Commercial sales teams. The position will also lead proposal development efforts as needed to support demanding workloads and high-volume periods. In addition, responsibilities include developing and maintaining a repository of product and proposals content for frequent use in proposals, complete required vendor forms, and facilitate tracking of commercial proposals’ metrics.
Proposal Development: Assists proposal managers and/or sales leads with the proposal development and submission process. Lead proposals development process and responses as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinate submissions and collections; identify and communicate risks associated with proposals
- Schedule and facilitate proposal review meetings
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and other requirements as necessary
- Create proposal development schedules/timelines
- Create compliance matrices for RFx/tender responses
- Incorporate edits from draft/color team reviews
- Work with Marketing to coordinate and tailor graphics
- Proofread/audit drafts and final submissions
- Attend and at times facilitate proposal team kickoff meetings and regular standups
- Coordinate among internal stakeholders such as content contributors and SMEs to ensure completion of writing assignments and that internal proposal development deadlines are met.
- Manage vendor portal registration and communications; checks portals frequently for amendments and updates for proposals in progress
- Assists in developing and maintaining proposal templates and style guides
- Write proposal and RFP responses to balance workload across proposal team members
Proposals Content Repository: Maintains repository of product and proposals content as well as corporate information across all Maxar entities for repeated use in proposals. Updates/revises existing content, interviews technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop new content. Collaborates with Corporate Marketing to ensure consistent branding and content’s compliance with Corporate Marketing guidelines.
Customer Vendor Forms: Collaborate with internal stakeholders and sales lead to complete customer vendor forms in a timely manner.
Proposals Tracking and Metrics. Compiles data to update proposal metrics tracking—reporting wins, losses, and reasons for any losses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or similar discipline, Paralegal certificate may also be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience working with proposals or technical/legal documents in a deadline-driven environment
- Technical writing skills and proven track record of professional writing experience and success
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and understand when to apply a sense of urgency to tasks
- Must remain calm under pressure and communicate courteously with employees from all aspects of the organization, vendors, and procurement offices
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to occasionally work evening/weekend hours if necessary (flex time provided)
- GIS, Space Systems, Satellite Imagery, or Big Data Analytics background a plus
- Proposal development knowledge, particularly of the Shipley or color team method, a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.