Commercial Counsel at Reserve Trust
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:37 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
About the Team and How You Fit In:
Reserve Trust is the first non-depository fintech trust company with direct Federal Reserve access, completely unconstrained by legacy banking systems. Our unprecedented access to the US payment system enables us to create payment platforms with scale, speed, and costs that are unmatched anywhere. Reserve Trust is breaking new ground in B2B payments for domestic and international customers in the $22T global payments market, and we’re just getting started!
We're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to help achieve our mission. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO just outside Denver, we are backed by top investors, including QED, Temerity Capital Partners, Wasabi Ventures, Financial Venture Studio & Fenway Summer.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
We are looking for a seasoned corporate and transactional lawyer to join our legal team and help manage the novel legal issues that present as we work to transform and modernize B2B payments. In a nutshell, you will help establish and manage corporate law functions that enable us to rapidly scale our customer base, transaction volume, and headcount. Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will work with all functions of the company.
You will be our second full-time lawyer and thus an integral strategic leader across the organization. You will take lead in advising on legal matters involving customers and vendors, among others. To be successful in this role, you will need to be hard-working, industrious, flexible to changing priorities, and willing to roll up your sleeves. You must be able to work independently and collaboratively. And you must enjoy translating legal analysis into actionable plans and recommendations.
What You’ll Do:
* Provide legal support on a wide range of strategic and operational matters
* Establish efficient, scalable processes for providing commercial legal support – especially processes to enable Reserve Trust to execute agreements with customers at scale
* Draft, negotiate, and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements with customers and vendors
* Maintain and enhance the company’s standard form agreements
* Oversee and prepare regulatory filings
* Help ensure that our products, processes, and commercial relationships comply with applicable laws and regulations
* Assist the Head of Legal, who also serves as Corporate Secretary, with board and investor support
* Provide legal counsel and recommendations to all departments
* Proactively identify and execute opportunities for Legal to add value to the company
* Manage outside counsel
* Assist with other responsibilities as needed by the Head of Legal
* Excellent track record of academic and professional success
* At least 5 years’ experience practicing corporate law, ideally from a larger law firm or in-house at a high-growth company
* Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
* Experience advising high growth companies, ideally payments companies, especially on corporate and transactional matters
* An active law license in at least one state, ideally Colorado
* Exceptional judgment, written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and emotional intelligence
* Ability to manage numerous projects at once and prioritize effectively, typically under tight deadlines
* Willingness to take ownership of a project or situation, handling whatever needs to be done, even if it isn’t traditional “lawyer” work
* Passion for innovations in financial technology and the prospects for revolutionizing business payments
· Excellent time management skills
· Drives results
· Communicates effectively
· Organizational savvy
· Exceptional negotiation skills
· Business insight
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $135,000 – 150,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description