Commercial Corporate Counsel
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is looking for a seasoned, practical Corporate Counsel, with 10 or more years of experience to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast pace sales-driven culture and will be responsible for managing the expectations of the Sales department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations. This position is based in our Denver, Co. office, and will report directly to our Associate General Counsel based in our California headquarters. The role includes:
- Providing support on sales agreements, channel partner agreements, and other transactions as needed, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, revising and interpreting Cloud Based Unified Communications Solutions agreements, Cloud Based Contact Center Solutions agreements, Channel Partner agreements, and consulting and professional service agreements, among others.
- Interfacing with Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams to assist the Legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Streamlining contract management processes and templates, and conducting training sessions for internal Sales team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
- 10+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a top law firm and In-house in a leading high-tech/cloud company.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting high-tech cloud based communications services.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience with Governmental Contracting (Locals, State, Federal) a plus.
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to the sales organization. Can do attitude.