Associate Legal Counsel
Associate Legal Counsel
Ibotta is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel who will assist in handling a full range of legal matters that arise in connection with the development, offering and maintenance of consumer promotion-related products and services. This position requires at least 2 years of experience as an attorney (a combination of in-house and firm experience preferred). A successful applicant will possess baseline drafting, negotiation, organization, and teamwork skills as well as the ability to work with Head of Legal and with various departments. This position will be based in our Denver office.
What you'll do:
- Draft and negotiate complex legal agreements, including commercial contracts, services agreements, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, and data license agreements
- Ensure agreements and transactions with customers and partners comply with Ibotta’s policies
- Assist in the development and launch of consumer promotion and rebate-related products
- Assist in creating, implementing, and maintaining a contract management system
- Collaborate with other departments to build and manage legal processes across the company
- Keep relevant internal and external stakeholders apprised of pertinent legal and regulatory developments impacting the company’s industry
- Provide legal support in connection with developing risk-management processes and procedures, and resolving potential compliance issues
- Assist in building out and managing a data privacy and compliance program
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of legal experience, with a combination of law firm, in-house, and/or regulatory legal experience preferred
- A J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado or another state
- A solid academic background
- Skilled at drafting, negotiating, and interpreting commercial and corporate agreements
- A strong work ethic coupled with the ability to consistently maintain high service, quality, efficiency, and ethical standards
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Meaningful experience with legal issues associated with one or more of the following: advertising, consumer technology, data licensing, data privacy, FinTech, mobile devices, and app publishing
- Ability to develop and implement new or enhanced processes for increasing the efficiency of regular responsibilities
- Collaborative nature with strong partnering skills across all levels of employees and external clients
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, with excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Must have the capacity to work independently as well as be an effective team member
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...”) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer cash back on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $370 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.