Associate General Counsel, Transactions and Licensing
Please review the job details below.
The Associate General Counsel will be responsible for providing day to day legal support to the US government, commercial, international defense and intelligence and/or platform business units. This individual must have experience in drafting and negotiating standard and non-standard commercial contracts, interpreting and drafting license terms, advising internal business leaders on risk and developing solutions. Some international and/or US government contracting experience is preferred. Proven personnel management skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. This position reports to the Vice President and DigitalGlobe General Counsel.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead attorney supporting one or more regional and/or functional business groups within the company.
- Analyze complex business and legal issues to provide legal services and advice to commercial and US government business units for sales transactions, domestic and international.
- Develop complex business contracts and determine when legal actions are necessary.
- Interpret requests for proposals, develop contract positions and articulate the positions with supporting documentation to management.
- Support the development and offering of new products.
- Responsible for selecting and managing outside counsel, when needed
- Draft and provide guidance/training on contract templates and procedures.
- Responsible for managing and developing junior attorneys.
- Represent the Legal department in company-wide initiatives
- Provide such other support as requested.
- Juris Doctorate degree with an excellent academic record from accredited law school. MBA preferred.
- Admitted in Colorado or eligible for admission.
- 15+ years of experience, with some in-house experience and law firm experience preferred, and 10+ years of management experience
- Extensive transactional experience. Must be able to structure and draft agreements for complex transactions.
- US government contracting experience preferred.
- Excellent customer relations and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to manage and work on a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed, including internationally
- Professional and positive approach to daily business
- Self motivated problem solver
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to think creatively in resolving business and legal issues.
- Must be able to lead teams of people to meet corporate goals and deadlines.
- Hardworking, service oriented, self-starter with excellent communication skills.
Our compensation package includes: competitive base salary; annual incentive plan with payouts based on results; choice of medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; tuition reimbursement; 10 paid holidays and flexible time off. DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.