Associate General Counsel, Ethics and Compliance at IHS Markit Digital
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
We are looking for a senior attorney to act as the primary legal advisor and program leader for our Ethics and Compliance program. The successful candidate will be an experienced compliance attorney and display a high level of strategic thought leadership in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and cross-functional problems. This position will report directly to the Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer and will lead IHS Markit’s global anti-corruption compliance program and third party risk management program. In addition, this director-level leadership position will be responsible for providing advice and counsel and program and policy development on a wide range of topics including conflicts of interest, business courtesies, export trade and sanctions compliance, internal and external investigations, whistleblower hotline administration, litigation support, customer due diligence queries, risk assessments, compliance audits, and management reporting. This position will be responsible for reducing and managing the risk of violating laws and regulations applicable to IHS Markit’s businesses.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for drafting, implementing, and updating policies and procedures related to all Corporate Compliance activities globally.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on anti-bribery / anti-corruption compliance, keeping current on global legal developments, enforcement guidance and trends, industry activities and other emerging trends.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and operational leader on third party risk management (TPRM) activities, working closely with cross-functional teams in vendor management, procurement, HR, privacy and legal.
- Provides expert legal counsel to senior business leaders and other functional leaders and stakeholders to ensure that business units and team members comply with applicable regulations as part of the global Ethics and Compliance program.
- Supports and leads the design, implementation, and management of the company’s global compliance policies and procedures that incorporate applicable legal standards.
- Responsible for implementing and managing a global best-practices TPRM due diligence program to ensure identification and mitigation of corruption and other risks associated with third parties.
- Supports or leads whistleblower hotline administration, complex internal investigations and resulting remediation, including coordination of multiple internal stakeholders, outside counsel, outside forensic auditors and other experts, and provides related legal advice to the company in connection with those investigations.
- Conducts and oversees self-assessment activities to pro-actively review compliance and corruption-related risks from a legal perspective.
- Advises and actively collaborates with Internal Audit; oversees internal audit compliance surveys, assessments and audits.
- Identifies and supports other global compliance initiatives of the Office of Ethics and Compliance as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor (JD) degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years related job experience in a compliance or related field, such as law enforcement, legal, risk management, or audit. An understanding of international anti-corruption laws, including the FCPA and UK Bribery Act, is necessary.
- Experience as in-house counsel and litigation/law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Innovative and results-oriented with a passion to solve complex problems in a creative and pragmatic way and to translate laws and regulations into actionable policies and procedures that enable business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive internal and external stakeholders to a decision in a matrix corporate environment.
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a multi-functional, international team environment.
- Strong investigative, analytical, communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done and stay mission focused.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, ability to make decisions efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work with limited supervision.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.