Associate Commercial Counsel
Greater Denver Area
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Associate Commercial Counsel based in Denver, you would be a member of Udemy’s small but mighty Legal team. Reporting to our Senior Commercial Counsel, you would be responsible for negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts and advising the business on a variety of novel legal issues. This position provides a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact, and interact directly with amazingly friendly co-workers in a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a significant contribution, Udemy’s legal team provides an empowering and action-oriented environment to take your career and our mission to the next level.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Support the sales team for Udemy for Business by negotiating SaaS subscription agreements, order forms, NDAs, and other sales-related documents.
- Work with stakeholders from nearly every department of the company to negotiate a variety of different agreements, including vendor, business development, and marketing agreements.
- Continuously improve Udemy’s standard template agreements in response to growing company needs.
- Advise internal clients regarding legal and business issues, including identifying and communicating risks associated with specific agreements.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 2-3 years of experience working on commercial contracts either at a law firm or in-house legal department, including experience negotiating and drafting SaaS agreements.
- Working knowledge of GDPR as it relates to commercial contracts. Experience negotiating customer and vendor DPAs is a plus.
- A keen sense of business judgment in the context of assessing legal risk.
- Highly responsive and detail-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously while prioritizing and managing a workload in a fast-paced work environment at a high-growth company.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil). Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, paternity leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description