Inventory QC Specialist
This position is responsible for performing duties associated with Zayo’s network inventory quality through project management of grooming and consolidation of assets to reduce 3rd party vendor costs and achieve quarterly savings targets. The IQC will work collaboratively with internal teams from Billing, Engineering, and Operations along with external data center/neutral colocation vendors. The IQC specialist will validate data with the purpose of ensuring proper inventory reporting and management of related network expenses attributed to the installation and utilization of the deployed inventory. The IQC specialist responsibilities will also include identifying potential optimization projects inclusive of suggested scope of work based on expected savings.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience as a Technical Project Manager within the telecommunications industry.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Research, analyze and validate the inventory related to third party vendor expenses/invoice data to determine potential savings opportunities through consolidation efforts.
- Gather costs for project completion to determine project feasibility in adherence to max 2 year payback.
- Submit disconnect requests to vendors following MSA guidelines and time frames.
- Assist in project management of internal engineering team and adherence reporting to timelines.
- Establish tasks to track forward movement of projects.
- Collaborate with peers (Data Analysts, Billing Analysts, Field and Network Control Operations, Engineering, etc.) as necessary to communicate projects and scope of work deadlines.
- Drive process improvement efforts and coordinate with internal teams to capture reporting and quality assurance tasks
- Provide financial analysis of audit data as it pertains to monthly/quarterly network expenses and inventory to Product and Management groups
Skills / Knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Command of MS Excel, Visio, Powerpoint and Google Docs.
- Understanding of telecommunications circuits and their network routing.
- Data reconciliation through database reporting and analysis.
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Knowledge of SONET, Ethernet, Wave, Dark Fiber, and IP Services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to run and manage Project Management functions with internal and external organizations.
- 2+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects/networks.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Experience logging into equipment in a plus.
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM, SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.