Video Production Intern - Full-time - Summer 2020
Internship: Approximately 11 weeks; mid-May/mid-June to August/September. Candidates must be available to be in Denver, CO on June 17-18, 2020 and August 12-13, 2020 (travel is provided for interns whose work location is out of state)
Based on your experience and interests, you will interview with and work on a team for approximately 11 weeks during the summer. Interns may be considered for potential full-time opportunities on based on their internship performance.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 109 company with 18,800 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 100+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We have an exciting opportunity for a Video Production Assistant Intern. This position would work full time over the summer. The Video Production Assistant Intern will assist Producers and Editors in production execution.
This internship is ideal for students with a working knowledge of video production who want to deepen their storytelling and production capabilities. Previous contributions to student video productions, independent films and other video-related internships are recommended.
The Video Production Assistant Intern will assist the Producers with various tasks including meet with clients to determine the project scope, create and manage budgets, and work in tandem with Producers to develop creative storylines, learn proper production management techniques to ensure seamless video production execution, through post-production edit.
This role is ideal for those who seek challenges and opportunities in the video industry, who love great storytelling and enjoy working in a team-oriented collaborative environment. The intern will work with a fun and creative team and will have professional guidance and support as needed.
Requirements & Skills:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Film, Video, or Journalism or Equivalent with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2020
- Ideally have a working knowledge of non-linear editing software (AVID, FCP, or Premiere)
- A basic knowledge video storytelling, and familiar with video concepts
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented mindset
- Dedicated to contributing to the team and overall company’s success