Vendor Management Intern - Contracts Specialist
Applications: December 2018 – January 2019
Interviews: December 2018 - February 2019
Internship: Approximately 11 weeks; mid-May/mid-June to August/September. Candidates must be available to be in Denver, CO on June 12-14, 2019 and August 14-16, 2019 (travel is provided for interns whose work location is out of state)
Based on your experience and interests, you will interview with and work on a team for approximately 11 weeks during the summer. Interns may be considered for potential full-time opportunities on based on their internship performance.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 113 company with 18,800 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 125 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
Support and execute Vendor Management related activities in support of the various Arrow business units/departments as assigned as it relates to legal contracts for indirect products and services. Assist in improving systems / processes associated with contracts and other vendor management related documents.
- Review, redline and develop negotiation strategy for each assigned agreement. This includes assisting the internal business contacts in developing requirements, service level agreements and scope of work,
- Ensure company policies, procedures and contracting standards are followed.
- Update contracts in current tracking system and develop renewal tracking methodology.
- Management of contracts and amendments associated with GDPR, ISO and other required certifications.
- Other activities as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- Pursuing a JD or Equivalent with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2020
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented mindset
This is a paid position