UX Product Design Intern (Summer 2022) at Alteryx
UX Product Design Intern (Summer 2022)
We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2022 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our Intern Guide.
What You'll Do:
As an intern on our UX Product team, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience working through the entire UX project lifecycle
- Get to work with cross-functional departments such as UX Research, Visual Designers, Product Management, and Engineering
- Learn how to apply a Design System to feature designs
- Network experiences with like-minded people such as highly skilled UXers
- Mentorship to guide you through the summer, and beyond
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Centered Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or other equivalent disciplines
- Students within 1 year of graduation preferred (e.g., graduating between December 2022 through June 2023)
- Previous design internship(s) and/or project experience in design
- Experience in prototyping and wireframing tools (including but not limited to sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, In Vision, Lucid Chart)
- Experience with product discovery and market research
- Knowledge of research methodologies
- Know design systems and their application
- Visual Design Experience
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment to create design solutions
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary for this role is $35/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays and well-being days off
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.