UI/UX Intern (Sophomore's only need apply) at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 109 company with 18,800 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and the right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 100+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We have exciting opportunities for UI/UX design Interns to work full time (40 hrs/week) over Summer 2020. Arrow’s UI/UX team solves comprehensive embedded solutions across departments, leveraging extensive leading technology. Your active involvement in creating ideas and solutions for users, and solving many design challenges will provide a rewarding experience. Working within a centralized team of Senior UI/UX designers and Full-stack developers s who offer expertise across all major embedded technologies, your talent and success will reach a wide audience and make a difference.
Requirements & Skills
- Ability to be a constant advocate for the end-user
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Good sense of design, heuristics, accessibility, and layout best practices.
- Ability to visualize, illustrate, and communicate UI/UX solutions on a whiteboard.
- Develop UI mockups, prototypes and user flows that clearly illustrate how applications sites function and flow look like.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX pain points for new and legacy applications (e.g. responsiveness)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and team members.
- Experience designing GUI components for use across multiple applications and platforms.
- A strong sense of creative thinking and imagination.
- Knowledge of Typescript and Angular JS is preferred.
- Experience with layout and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe XD, Marvel) preferred.
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Experience in/Knowledge of an agile and sprint workflow environment.
Education & Experience
- Enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or a related field of study.
- Anticipated graduation date no later than 2022.
- Available to work full time (40 hrs/week) during the summer (May/June through early August).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative design thinking.
- Thrive on new technology while staying grounded in practical solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- This is a paid position