Technology Intern at FirstBank
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which at is the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
An IT intern will work closely with the guidance of an IT Manager and IT Staff on daily tasks to help support the IT departments and improve the intern's core IT knowledge and skills. Tasks will be small in nature and involve a high degree of cooperation and mentorship with others in IT. The goal of the position is to provide value where possible, determine if there is a future fit within the company, and improve skills both technical and interpersonal that will help them in their career.
What you will do
- Provide support for small tasks and administrative projects.
- Communicate tasks, priority, and issues clearly with IT mentors.
- Attend business and/or project meetings with IT mentors.
- Work with IT mentors to understand and apply general IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus on security while performing job functions.
- Develop technical expertise.
- Participate in design discussions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Current full-time college students seeking a technology focused degree, who will have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate studies at the start of the internship with preference to the following concentrations: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or Business.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must currently be a junior or senior
Desire to work in one of the following areas of Technology:
- Application Development/ Java
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong logical and analytical problem solving skills,
- Good customer service skills,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently,
- Basic working knowledge of information security concepts and techniques,
- Basic understanding of the definition and design of IT systems and applications,
- Ability to prioritize daily work with help from supervisor,
- Aptitude to learn quickly and work in a team environment,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.