Technical Writing Internship at VIZIO
Date: Mar 22, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80206
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
As a Technical Writer for VIZIO's Program Management Organization, your role will be to help develop, organize and maintain our Confluence (Wiki) space to improve team collaboration and onboarding new team members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create and organize Confluence Wiki spaces, including Engineering onboarding, quick start guides, and other documentation to improve the developer experience.
- Develop document templates to speed up document production and improve consistency.
- Organize pre-existing spaces to consolidate and de-duplicate documentation and finding new ways to connect documents for easier discovery.
- Create an all-inclusive developer onboarding guide for SmartCast Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a minimum education level of a High School Diploma. (Bachelor's Degree preferred.)
- Area of Study: English or Technical Communication
- Years of related work experience: 1-2 years
- You are a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, yet at times, ambiguous environment and can see what needs to be done
- You are a hard-working team player with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Familiarity with online documentation tools (wiki, CMS, blogging, etc.)
- Solid understanding of consumer electronics user experience and documentation, both online and print
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and web banners creation
- Atlassian Confluence Experience
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high-performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter, or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based internship: The minimum hourly rate for this position is $18.00/hour.