Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
This Technical Program Management internship will provide the opportunity to learn about technical project and program management. You will work on projects that will give you hands-on experience with a variety of tools, project management methodology, and engineering/business analysis. The opportunity will allow you to sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills in an engineering environment. We expect you to be motivated and proactive. You will work collaboratively with team members, actively participate in discussions, decisions and all project activity. You will work as part of a team and as an individual. You will be engaged and should take pride in your work.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support technical program managers in managing schedules and milestones, ensuring that weekly project statuses are received from team members.
- Document resourcing needs, availability, and commitments.
- Identify and manage scope, constraints, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and deadlines. Document risk mitigation plans.
- Contribute to documentation and other project deliverables.
- Assist technical program managers with cross functional project tracking / continuation. Assist with Jira projects and dashboard clean up, maintenance, and continued improvements.
- Rising junior or senior in an engineering bachelors program, actively enrolled in an engineering masters program, or hold bachelors in engineering and enrolled in another masters program.
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Suite or equivalent Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve open ended or ambiguous problems
- Willingness to learn and assist program managers with PM tools like JIRA, Smartsheet, etc. Self-directed: must be able to complete projects with limited supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed.
- Interested in technology and project management.
- Collaborative: Use strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that foster trust and show flexibility. Easily adapt to varied roles on teams from follower to leader. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Skill set: Experience with JIRA, MS Project, Smartsheet, or related software
- Team spirit: Demonstrated team collaboration skills working in a cross-functional team environment via previous internship or university projects.