Technical Intern - Industrial Engineer at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern - Industrial Engineer
What You´ll Do:
- Participate in developing manufacturing plans including workflow design, value stream mapping, layout, optimization and resource utilization for high mix / low volume builds.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create future state process improvement CAD layouts.
- Participate in process validation activities.
- All work will be performed under the supervision of engineers and managers.
- Conclusion of internship requires the preparation and formal presentation of project work to the Industrial Operations department.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related technical degree field such as mechanical, aerospace or chemical engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing and test processes, with reading and interpretation (coursework and/or job/intern experience).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership in team environments.
- Selected candidates will have a strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic.
- Experience or coursework in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Familiarity with manufacturing metrics and KPI’s.
- Relevant coursework in Industrial Engineering.
- Familiar with project justification methods and tools.
- Familiarization with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Coursework and lab experience with basic manufacturing processes.
- Strong competency in MS basic office skills. MS project and Visio experience a plus.
- Basic Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software including SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD/Revit experience.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.