Technical Intern - Facilities Project Services at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Technical Intern – Facilities Project Services
What You’ll Do:
- Work in a team environment assisting full-time Facilities Project Managers and consulting with Maintenance Technicians, Planning & Interiors team, and contractors.
- As a Project Manager, take the lead on Facilities projects where you will perform or mange project planning, budgeting, design, and construction management activities. This will include schedule and budget creation and management, internal and external communication, drawing review and control, and leading project meetings.
- Project walks on active construction sites – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
- Participate in facilities project process improvement initiatives.
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve actual engineering problems and manage facilities projects.
- Work with internal customers and external contractors to design and construct capital projects.
- Conclusion of internship requires the preparation and formal presentation of project work to the Facilities department, project customers, and contractors as appropriate.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working towards a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or a related field.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in facilities design or construction/project management through school projects and hobbies.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools.
- Revit experience is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.