Technical Intern - Business Process Analyst at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern - Business Process Analyst
This internship will help you gain the skills necessary to work as a Process Analyst with a highly motivated team allowing you to help Ball Aerospace to realize the benefits of the latest collaboration tools in the Microsoft 365 cloud. In addition, you will be instrumental in the design and implementation of cost saving business automation solutions utilizing workflows and forms.
What You'll Do:
- Join a diverse team of skilled collaboration and process engineers that use leading edge tools for Ball Aerospace.
- Assist with the design and development of business process automation solutions to meet our customer's needs.
- Assist with the support of SharePoint and Microsoft 365 related issues.
- Assist with training of tier 1 support and end users.
- Assist with the migration to cloud hosted solutions.
- Interface with other teams to coordinate needs and interfaces and work with customers to establish needs.
- Assist customers with integration and troubleshooting.
- Work with operational personnel to insure they have the documentation and tools required to maintain the operational system.
- Be an evangelist of SharePoint/M365 capabilities to end users as well as a customer advocate with other IT teams.
- Work very closely with end users potentially working on several issues or projects at once.
- Work towards superb written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain a predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with any of the SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Online preferred.
- Experience leveraging M365 Out of the Box functionality solving business problems.
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions, and collaborate and work with a team.
- Strong customer orientation and commitment to quality.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of requirements gathering, interviewing, and presenting preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.