Tax Intern (Summer 2022) at Alteryx
We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2022 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our Alteryx Intern Guide.
What You'll Do:
As an intern on our Tax team you will:
- Research and reconcile Vertex tax reports to NetSuite
- Prep wire transfers & draft journal entries for payments made
- Contact taxing authorities to resolve notices and answer billing and payroll department requests
- Research adhoc tax questions from Accounting Team
- Prepare business tax license applications
- Maintain tax calendar
- Maintain tax exemption forms
- Assist with tax trial balance and workpaper preparation
- Obtain experience with Alteryx Designer
- Other adhoc tax projects as needed.
- Students currently enrolled in a degree program in pursuit of a B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to work for 12 consecutive weeks during the Summer 2022 for 40 hours/week
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and should not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and completing them in timely fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Students within 1 year of graduation preferred (e.g., graduating between December 2022 through June 2023)
- Self-starter who works by themselves while contributing to the teams goals
- Strong organizational and numerical thinking skills
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $28/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation/adjustment to review our website or to apply online.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.