Systems Engineering Intern
Successful Systems Engineer internship candidates will have an academic background which includes aerospace technology, computer science, mathematics, or any of the physical sciences. An intern is expected to leverage their academic foundation to quickly learn focused features domain fundamentals from our spectrum of satellite ground systems; raw telemetry data processing, core image processing, data management and discovery, web/cloud hosting and distribution, quality assessment, and delivery. Systems Engineer Interns are responsible for supporting Agile Feature Owners, helping scrum teams with defining user stories and acceptance criteria, and providing technical documentation in support of development and implementation.
- Work directly with feature owners, product owners, developers, testers, and/or systems engineers.
- Work with internal and vendor supplied GIS and/or DBMS frameworks.
- Endeavor to continually learn about our cloud based, evolving systems with a focus on ingest data processing and imagery production services.
- Participate in design sessions with internal clients from back-end processing to user interfaces, with an emphasis on the production domain.
- Support implementation, test, and troubleshooting system anomalies.
- Participate in modifying quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Learn from mentors and other System Engineers to build rapport with other collaborators such as spacecraft engineers, testers, and software developers.
- Support Agile Software Development Life Cycle processes used to facilitate changes to the system baseline
- Willing to take on other production-related duties as needed.
- Student currently enrolled in a 4-year or graduate-level university program (Engineering preferred)
- Familiarity with computer programming methods
- US Citizenship
- Familiar with cloud-based computing
- Service Oriented Architecture knowledge and / or GIS coursework is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Systems engineering and /or operations experience is a plus
- Strong sense of self-motivation is essential – must be willing to be become actively involved with system design and operability. Strong team focus with collaborative skills
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.