Supply Chain Internship - Summer 2020 at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:48 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
Interns at Boom will have the opportunity to join an exciting aircraft startup focused on world changing technology. We are offering an amazing opportunity to take part in our wing to wing supply chain process: from creating purchase orders, validating supplier commit and promise dates, to goods receipt process. Individual projects will include working through Non Conforming Material and work to reduce the overall NCR count. The summer intern will work cross functionally with engineering, manufacturing, logistics and finance.
We are seeking a summer intern to join our fun supply chain team! This summer is all about supply chain and manufacturing as we start building out our scale demonstrator aircraft. You will be here on site ensuring the success of the baby XB-1 prototype build.
- You will be responsible for working closely with the current sourcing team and the manufacturing guys on the shop floor to deliver on supplier execution.
- Measuring on time delivery (OTD) will be key to the intern’s role - validate manufacturing need date with supplier promise date for critical components.
- In addition, interns will work on core supply chain processes such as supplier delivery assurance, goods receipt/inventory processing and NCRs.
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain/Logistics; one year from graduation (Bachelors or Masters degrees).
- Previous working experience in strategic sourcing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description