Summer Intern - Software Engineering at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The 2020 Summer Intern - Software Engineering will report to a key team member on the Software Engineering team and support the development of proprietary software for an autonomous trucking system targeted at private-property deployment at large logistics hubs.
This position requires a very talented computer science student with exceptional software development, problem-solving, and project management skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for a well-defined, three-month project and related tasks that further the development of autonomous vehicle features that redefine logistics automation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop algorithms, autonomy software modules and libraries with responsibility for a key part, or all of the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Travel and perform fieldwork, depending on initial customer locations (up to 25%)
- Path toward a bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or electrical/electronics engineering
- Referenceable C++ talent – either via academic coursework, side projects, part-time work, or internships
- Background or familiarity with at least one of the following: 1/ROS; 2/sensor processing/perception; 3/planning; 4/embedded software development
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
Familiarity with, and/or prior use of:
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, computer vision, machine learning, and/or planning and controls
- Graphical user interface (GUI) toolkits for implementation of engineering interfaces and tools
- Visualization/graphics frameworks, libraries, and techniques to support engineering tools
- FOSS libraries/frameworks such as OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and similar packages
- FOSS tools supporting software engineering, such as CMake, continuous integration packages, the Google test framework and others
- Python expertise – either professionally or via academic coursework
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- Experience with sockets (TCP, UDP) programming
- Background in perception and/or motion planning