Summer 2021 - SaaS Operations Intern at Workiva
The SaaS Operations Intern assists with Workiva's internal use SaaS applications. This person is responsible for helping maintain current SaaS applications to ensure they are running properly. The SaaS Operations Intern improves current SaaS systems by assisting with administration and automation. This person also assists with evaluating new SaaS systems by participating in requirements analysis and working with internal teams to recommend specific systems to meet their needs.
Administer and Maintain SaaS Systems:
- Provide Tier 1 SaaS support and administration
- Update and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Conduct audits on existing systems by running reports and providing analyses of outputs
Improve current SaaS systems:
- Act as IT liaison to improve user experience and value in our software
- Champion efficiency, automation, and best practices
- Find ways to automate and scale current SaaS software applications
Evaluate SaaS systems:
- Partner with SaaS Operations and Portfolio Management teams to conduct fact-finding activities with internal teams to understand how SaaS software is being utilized and how to add more value
- Supports evaluation of current SaaS portfolio to determine if a new application can replace multiple existing applications
- Assess risks of new applications and provide recommendations based on assessment
What You'll Need
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Skilled at working within a dynamic, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Well-honed research skills
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Technical knowledge of current SaaS applications, a plus
- Track record of technical configuration, process, and change documentation
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or higher degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Colorado Pay Rate: $22 per hour
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].