Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
The Product Management Summer Intern will dive in and tackle problems facing our customers and our business. They will evaluate problems, talk with customers and internal stakeholders, propose and refine solutions, and work with our development team to build and release solutions.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and pain points
- Apply analytical rigor by leveraging customer usage data to make data-driven decisions
- Build strong working relationships across engineering, design, project management, and business teams
- Develop your ideas into real products that our customers use and love every day
- Serve as an advocate for your customers and hold a very high bar for building a high quality product
What You'll Need
- Pursuing a degree in a related field
- A self-starter mindset to execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Leadership skills – the ability to influence and inspire your team
- A strong ability to develop and communicate product vision to your team, peers, and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Understanding of product development and how web technologies work
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Bonus points if you have prior experience in software development or similar field
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].