Space Systems Engineering Intern
Our WorldView satellites are the premier high-resolution remote sensing space platforms in the commercial industry. The Space Systems engineering team is currently managing the procurement of our next generation remote-sensing satellites and launch services from concept through launch. In addition we are actively planning additional constellations of satellites to support our diverse customer base. Come be a part of the Space Systems team as we ramp up on the design and build of world-class satellites.
The internship will participate directly and meaningfully in the system engineering tasks performed by the Space Systems engineering team.
The candidate’s primary focus will be to work directly with engineering teams that are:
- Evaluating potential rideshare payloads on our upcoming launches.
- Defining interfaces between elements in our satellites and launch systems.
- Developing smallsat system concepts.
- Supporting subsystem engineering and test definition efforts including the independent review of performance budgets.
- Supporting inquires by DigitalGlobe sales teams in response to customer requests.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student (or recent graduate) in an engineering course of study such aerospace, mechanical, or electrical.
- US citizenship required
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.