Solutions Consultant Intern at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Solutions Consultant Intern
Position Type: Summer Internship
Position Level: Entry Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As an intern on the Solutions Consultant team you will learn all aspects of the sales cycle and how the SC role fits within the overall sales organization. You will partner with multiple SCs and project leaders to create content and manage various deliverables across the team's business segments. This content will be extremely valuable to both internal and external customers and prospects and will contribute to the SC team's continued success. Projects may include competitive analysis, content and positioning; custom demo builds; product data sheets; internal process documentation; training and onboarding. As an intern, you will also collaborate and have visibility to other cross functional roles within marketing, professional services, product development, and IT/Operations.
Xactly's Solutions Consultant team is a fast moving and tight-knit unit, looking for an intern with a diverse background. The SC team is the pre-sales function within the sales organization. We work directly with customers and prospects to present and customize our software solution to win deals and drive revenue. The Solution Consultant is partnered with the Sales Rep to sell value and ensure that our solution meets and exceeds a prospective customer's unique business requirements.
THE SKILL SET:
● Ability to present to an audience in person and virtually
● Ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple projects
● Ability to meet deadlines across multiple projects
● Strong basic mathematical skills
● This position does not require technical or programming experience, but a working knowledge of software applications is required. Experience with other applications or even prior work with complex spreadsheets is sufficient
● Proficient in the use of standard business tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce.com
● Support special projects that include competitive analysis, content and positioning; custom demo builds; sales proposals and RFPs; internal process documentation; training and onboarding.
● Working towards Bachelor's degree graduating summer/fall 2020 or equivalent experience preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
● Gain a strong understanding of the sales organization and how all the sales roles work together to win deals
● Build relationships within the SC team and other internal departments
● Attend customer facing sales presentations and software demonstrations
● Gain a strong understanding of Solutions Consulting role within the sales function
● Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
BY THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP, YOU'LL
● Gain a solid understanding of a world class sales organization and how it operates
● Understand the strategy and planning that goes into sales presentations and software demonstrations
● Understand the various processes within the SC team that contributes to their success
● Improve your communication/presentation skills by completing and presenting deliverables on high value projects
● Gain a solid understanding of the various cross functional teams within Xactly, their roles and how they work together in the corporate structure
BENEFITS & PERKS
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
● Parking & Commuter Benefits
● Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
● End of Month Surprises, Contests & Socials
● Periodic Massages
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.