Software Engineering Intern - Java, Summer 2020 at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Engineering Intern with internet-focused Java development experience to join our Summer 2020 internship opportunity. This is a 12-week full-time (40hr/wk) paid internship at our Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO available to students graduating in 2020 or 2021. Every project our team works on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. Interns will be able to play a role in delivering some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date!
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
- Primarily work as a fully-integrated member of a software delivery team to design and build high-performance applications with a primarily Java + Spring stack within a mature, microservice-oriented architecture.
- Collaborate to define SLAs and develop monitoring, alerting and safety mechanisms
- Take full-lifecycle ownership over products and services, including research and development responsibilities for improvement, repair, and evolution.
- Gain experience and insight from working with an Agile process and a constantly evolving CI/CD platform.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Rising Senior or current Senior majoring in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with data structures and algorithms via completed coursework, projects, or other individual experience.
- Project work in Java with a passion for continuing to build-upon your skillset
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience working in some of the following: linux-based environments, web or mobile development, microservice architecture, distributed caching and systems design, and/or database programming and data management.
Your internship will include:
- Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
- Social, community and learning events
- 12 weeks, full-time (40 hr/wk) work from June 1 - August 21, 2020
- Relocation assistance, if eligible