Software Engineering Intern - Android (Kotlin), Summer 2020 at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Engineering Intern with Android development experience to join our Summer 2020 internship opportunity. This is a 12-week full-time (40hr/wk) paid internship at our Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO available to students graduating in 2020 or 2021. Every project our team works on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. Interns will be able to play a role in delivering some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date!
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
- Work as a fully-integrated member of a mobile software delivery team to design and build high-performance mobile applications
- Work closely with product owners and designers from inception to production deployment
- Maintain, write, and enhance our testing suite
- Gain experience and insight from working with an Agile process and a constantly evolving CI/CD platform.
- Rising Senior or current Senior majoring in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant mobile development experience (we’d love to hear about your side projects!)
- Experience with data structures and algorithms via completed coursework, projects, or other individual experience.
- Project work in Kotlin and/or Java with a passion for continuing to build-upon your skillset
- A basic understanding of mobile specific architecture and lifecycle
- Kudos for experience working with Espresso and/or UI Automator, or GitLab CI/CD
- A knack for mobile design and Android best practices
- Ability to work with a cross functional team on bi-weekly deliverables
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in technical design with an ability to think outside of the box!