Software Engineer Intern
With growth comes opportunity! Here at Workiva we are growing, and we want you to come join the team!
- Do you like collaborating in a fast paced environment?
- Do you like surrounding yourself with creative, driven and inspired individuals?
- Do you want to produce revolutionary technology that changes people's lives?
If this sounds right up your alley, look no further! Your future awaits with Workiva! Workiva Software Engineers develop unparalleled, next-generationcollaborative applications for accounting and finance teams internationally. We hire brilliant, resourceful individuals with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest obstacles. We work on problems ranging from real time collaborative editing, to distributed map-reduce algorithms, to data warehousing on the latest and greatest cloud technologies.
Workiva's culture is highly innovative, collaborative and engaging! We encourage autonomy, exploration and discovery. As an employee you will often find opportunities to develop mastery in areas about which you are passionate, while seeking new facets of our cutting edge technology. As a software engineer at Workiva, you will clearly understand the needs of our customers and the benefits and efficiencies our software provides users and their business. You heard that right. YOU could literally CHANGE the LIVES of our CUSTOMERS!Since we develop and release on an extremely fast cycle, you will see your code LIVE, in production, often within days rather than the months or years you may have previously heard about with other companies. We work with state of the art tools, and are always improving ourselves and our process! Candidates should be interested in challenging and improving themselves as a developer, and encouraging and assisting your team members to do the same.
What you'll need:
- Passion for writing software and learning the latest software development techniques.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- Additional exposure to client frameworks like React or Angular, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, database design, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus.
What you'll do:
- Work under the direction of a senior developer implementing developer tools or product features - gaining increasing responsibilities as you demonstrate your abilities.
- Use our internal tools to track job assignments and complete status updates.
- Work with a small team in an Agile development methodology, attending standups, defining user stories, implementing development tasks, completing code reviews and unit tests, and change people's lives!!