Senior Product Manager, Internal Tooling at Housecall Pro
Housecall Pro is headquartered in beautiful San Diego, CA and has recently started building out a Denver, CO campus. We are currently fully remote although excited to introduce a hybrid work model in the future that will allow for a combination of both remote and in-office work. We are currently open to candidates in San Diego or Denver, or those planning to move there.
Why Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team and company that is rapidly growing and create your own career path.
The Team: Our Product Managers are responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to drive stratospheric growth of Housecall Pro products. This includes rapidly shipping new products and working daily with our engineering team, design team, and other stakeholders to define the right backlog, structures and frameworks to move us rapidly forward. This is a tight-knit group of inspiring individuals that deliver exceptional software experiences and you will be an integral part of driving us toward world-class results.
The role: You will own the development, enablement of conversion, experimentation, rapid iterative improvement, and customer journey measurement of our flagship public website housecallpro.com. This is the digital gateway for customers to find value in our SaaS Product which provides a complete Operating System for Home Services Professionals to manage and grow their business. You will work closely with your main stakeholders, the marketing team, in continuing to drive traffic and improve the amount and time to conversion. You will drive the engineering team in constant improvements in speed and architecture that allows for continuous and meaningful experimentation by the marketing team. You will also work closely with creative, content, analytics, and internal tooling teams to ensure we have the best look, best information, and correct measurement of the customer journey.
How you will stay busy:
- Rapidly shipping customer and business value on a regular basis
- Working with engineers to iteratively build features in a way that minimizes time-to-value
- Devising low-cost experiments to test risky assumptions
- Reporting out on results of experiments and product projects so that we can double down or pivot where it makes sense
- Working with product marketers to help devise go-to-market plans and timelines
- Partner with engineering and operations to understand specification documents and identify solutions to problems/opportunities as well as create clarity / eliminate ambiguity
- Use data to identify market opportunities to improve processes and positively impact product vision and strategy
- Write and communicate clear and concise product requirements that capture the key outcomes for the problems we are trying to solve
- Manage priorities and timelines in close collaboration with the engineering, marketing, and analytics organizations
- 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Passionate about user experience and deep customer empathy
- Solid understanding of customer journey measurement techniques, e.g., tracking pixels, cookies, SEO, attribution, conversion metrics, acquisition analytics, tracking parameters, email marketing, balancing paid/organic
- Strong agile development skills, including the ability to think and operate at high and low altitudes and lead multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Ownership mentality dedicated to exceeding the expectations of stakeholders while having a strong ability to prioritize, say no, and communicate clearly why your decisions are best
- Proven track record with B2B SaaS tools in previous roles
- Experience using ‘growth stack’ tools such as Amplitude, Segment, Braze, Launch Darkly and others that enable product managers to rapidly experiment and measure results
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g., payments, loyalty, subscriptions)
- Experience leading small, autonomous teams of engineers and designers to build product in an agile methodology (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, Kanban)
Compensation - $110,880 to $140000 OTE
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the client management app space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.