LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for;
We are looking for top performing students with a passion for security to join our internship program. Our opportunities all offer someone the chance to make an impact on the most innovative security analytics products in the market and use these products to proactively defend the organization. You will be able to work on diverse projects and broaden your skill set by working across all aspects of security: governance, risk, compliance, security operations (red and blue), security engineering, awareness, product security, and architecture.
The Security Practitioners at LogRhythm have the latitude to make an impact in a space that is solving serious real-world problems. We have all those cultural nuggets that you will find at a growing tech company. Our environment naturally steers towards high performers that relish the opportunity to collaborate with great security professionals committed to pushing the limits and doing what’s right for security, of our products, and of our customers.
If you want an opportunity to see all aspects of security from the board and the business, through the administrative functions, and technical details, this is the role for you.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Gain hands on experience solving complex problems in the security space
- Work closely with respected security leaders to solve the technical and non-technical problems we face in security
- Perform security operations activities in our purple team (monitor, detect, respond, attack) for information and physical security threats
- Perform contract reviews, risk reviews, manage a risk registry, policy development, vendor assessments, security questionnaires and ensuring accuracy of our adherence to multiple security frameworks and legal requirements
- Work with our audit team to manage evidence and audit schedules for our products
- Work across all of our functions to ensure we’re delivering specific KPIs and reports to executives and the board
- Build integrations and optimizations for each of our core security functions
- Computer Science or Security related major
- A strong understanding of or interest in Information Security; both the technical and non-technical aspects
- A passion for red (attack) and blue (defend) team and an understanding of attacker techniques
- Good communication and self-organization skills
- The ability to collaborate with an interactive team that wears multiple security hats
- Programming experience on Windows or Linux: experience with both is a plus
- A strong interest in security architecture and product security
- A strong interest in governance, risk, compliance, and audit
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.