Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Inboxlab is seeking a Research Intern to work along side our Research Manager at the Denver HQ. You will assist in creation and execution of research for our campaign production and optimization. In this position, the primary responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data using surveys, executing and analyzing research on the UserTesting platform, and conducting literature reviews.
This research will be used to assist in the creation of high-quality content campaigns that aid in the future growth of our brand suite. Our most successful campaigns are designed to both educate and inspire our subscribers. You should be a highly creative individual who loves problem-solving. Expect to learn a lot in this position and be prepared to communicate those findings with other team members.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assisting in the construction and execution of surveys
- Creating and running studies on our 13mil+ audience
- Cleaning and visualizing complex data sets
- Working with Ad Ops and Marketing to build surveys
- Conducting literature reviews and summarizing findings
- Exploring new tools and determining their viability for Inboxlab
- Currently seeking or have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Background in social science research, preferably psychology
- Completed a research design-type course or gained this knowledge in another way
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- Understanding of what makes ethical, well-thought-out research
- Ability to conduct survey-based research (write surveys, conduct analysis)
- Some statistical understanding
- Data analysis experience in Excel, Python, or R
- Strong research and sourcing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with internet culture
- Ability to take complex subjects and turn them into easily understandable content
DURATION OF PROGRAM
Internships run 90 days and allow for a maximum of 30 hours of work per week, with a minimum requirement of 15 hours/week. Your internship manager will provide you with a schedule built around your availability with considerations to your education.
There is one opportunity to extend an internship for 60 days past the designated end date. You will be notified two weeks prior to your internships end date as to whether or not your internship will be extended.
Interns are compensated $18/hour. Interns will have access to all of the Denver office amenities such as unlimited snacks, cold brew and kombucha. We also have occasional team happy hours and lunch dates for the team.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!