Remote Sensing Intern
The Remote Sensing Intern will be responsible for technical support to the Quality Assurance Team. The intern will provide support to the team and value to the company through research initiatives, understanding of current systems, aligning with remote sensing engineers and image scientist, and other projects for the Quality Assurance Team. This person will use their creativity and initiative to bring value-added projects to the team and to provide strategic thinking and leadership in order to make their time spent at DigitalGlobe as productive as possible. This role calls for the ability to learn the company and industry on the fly, and to solve new and evolving challenges as they arise. Over the summer, the internship also includes opportunities to participate in the company-wide internship program, often including lunches and presentations with members of the executive leadership team.
- Assist with quality assurance projects focused on product and image validation, assessments of product specifications, product/image testing, test plan development, assessment generation, or other duties as assigned.
- Working with manager, establish a defined project or set of responsibilities to be completed throughout the internship.
- Collaborate with image scientist and engineers to understand and apply assessment techniques to quality assurance processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a degree program within Remote Sensing or Geospatial Information System (GIS) required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Experience with ENVI and ArcMap.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and have high energy with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to self-start, research and build team’s understanding of Remote Sensing or GIS capabilities and techniques.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, flexible environment, maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong sense of teamwork is highly desired.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.