Quality Assurance/Business Process Management Intern at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 109 company with 20,000 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics. Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price. Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 125 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We have an exciting opportunity for full-time Quality Assurance/Business Process Management (QA/BPM) Interns. In the QA/BPM role, familiarity with project management will be beneficial as you learn the intricacies of high-level operational processes. You will become well versed in understanding, documenting and flowcharting business operations. The QA/BPM is the interface that makes the process connections between internal processes, Arrow’s external Suppliers and its customers. The main purpose of the position is to understand the operational needs of the business identify and have the foresight to see bottlenecks. You will develop and create ways to remove the obstacles and improve process efficiency to further grow the business. As the QA/BPM you learn all facets of the organization and quickly become an advisor to top level management discussing operational structure, existing process issues and creating solutions to overcome process inefficiencies. In addition, the QA/BPM are directly responsible for developing the technical systems, metrics and dashboards that the organization will use to capture essential business information, data and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Requirements & Skills
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or Equivalent with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2020
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- Must be available to be in Denver, CO on June 17-18 2020, and August 12-14 2020 (travel is provided for interns whose work location is out of state)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented mindset
- Quickly learn process of orders, inventory management, and data analysis
- Problem solving – work with management to overcome obstacles within a supplier and makes it transparent to sales team
This is a paid position.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)