Product Manager Intern - Summer 2020 at HomeAdvisor
We are seeking an eager and driven Product Manager Intern to join our team in Denver. HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, combined in 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 12 brands in eight countries.
As part of our Product team you will be responsible for the ideation, development and delivery of the best possible experience that helps homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project.
- Work with Product Managers and engineering teams to implement new products and features
- Understand and distill use cases and business objectives into user stories for technical implementation
- Participate in planning meetings and ensure all team members have a clear understanding of upcoming projects
- Engage closely with engineering teams to help determine the best implementation for new features
- Guide engineering team in the successful execution of initiatives by answering questions, providing clarity on requirements, signing off on user stories and maintaining critical timelines
- Proactively monitor key performance metrics to quickly identify quality issues and inform future business decisions
- Continually improve the product development process to release high quality products with the most efficient use of everyone’s time
- Become proficient in the application, tools and deliverables needed within your areas of ownership
Essentially, you'll have an opportunity to collaborate with User Experience, product owners and developers to take an initiative from a hypothesis through mockups, prioritization of the features developed, validation of acceptance criteria, and implementation.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in: Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Graduating in December 2020 or Spring 2021
- 5 or above minimum cumulative G.P.A with prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
- Be a dynamic multi-tasker
- Have a bias toward action: prefer to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgements, have good intuition and reach decisions quickly
- You feel comfortable working and partnering with a team and have strong communication skills, which includes a clear and concise message.
Your internship will include:
- Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
- Social, community and learning events
- 12 weeks, full-time (40 hr/wk) paid internship from June 1 - August 21, 2020
- Relocation assistance, if eligible