Product Insights Intern (Summer 2022) at Alteryx
Product Insights Intern (Summer 2022)
We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2022 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our Alteryx Intern Guide.
What You'll Do:
As an intern on our Product Insights Team you will:
- Gain hands-on experience with data analytics technology using Alteryx Designer to advance in your analytic journey
- Get to work with cross-functional departments such as Product Management, Product Management, Engineering, Community, and Data Science
- Develop problem-solving skills by finding creative solutions
- Networking experiences with like-minded individuals such as highly skilled Data Analysts and Product Managers as well as connecting with interns from other departments throughout the summer in Alteryx curated events.
- Mentorship to support you through the summer, and beyond
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Data Science, Marketing Analytics,
- Students within 1 year of graduation preferred (e.g., graduating between December 2022 through June 2023)
- Baseline knowledge of SQL statements or database query best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting technical concepts to an audience of varying backgrounds and seniority
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI.) to translate analytics to consumable outputs
- Previous experience with XML and JSON file formats and/or understanding of Python or any other programming languages
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary for this role is $35/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays and well-being days off
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.