At SumUp, we’re driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We’re well on our way, as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To help us get there, we’re putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link. Help us bring card acceptance to everyone!
Your impact at SumUp
Joining our US team will be exciting for you if you enjoy helping merchants focus on what they do best. During your internship, you can contribute to a unique startup that drives growth through empathy and love for our products and merchants. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow and most importantly we can have fun! We’re building the future of the payment world, are you interested in being a part of it?
Your role and responsibilities
- Conduct market sizing, competitor research, and financial analysis
- Validate, develop, and drive strategic growth projects from concept to implementation and be held accountable for timelines and deliverables
- Develop and implement effective and highly scalable processes
- Work closely with the leadership team
Does it describe you?
- Currently enrolled in Business Administration, Marketing or an equivalent degree program at CU, or you have recently finished your studies
- Available for full-time employment (40 hours a week)
- Personal affinity for FinTech industry
- Good communication and analytical skills combined in a process-oriented way
- Experience as an entrepreneur and/or consultancy background is a big plus
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- You ask yourself "What's next?" instead of waiting for your next tasks
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- You'll receive support from our Future Talent Department focused on supporting our Interns and Working Students during their journeys.
- You can take part in internal development workshops designed to support our Future SumUppers during their careers.
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your GitHub, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us your complete picture!
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at SumUp, we believe that diverse perspectives foster innovation, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.