Mission Operations Internship
Please review the job details below.
At DigitalGlobe, we take operations seriously. We continually strive to improve our reliability and throughput to ensure our operations are scalable and ready for the needs of our customers. To enable world class operations, it takes a team of well skilled engineers with diverse backgrounds. This team works collaboratively to solve complex problems and to ensure our large-scale, distributed services run optimally. This team has a balance between fast paced real-time operations support and deep system analysis to determine ways to reduce system complexity and improve efficiency. We bring creative engineering solutions to operations problems and focuses on optimizing existing systems and reducing work through automation.
- Engage in the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to create scripts to generate metrics and bring insight to operations.
- Work to containerize existing services and work flows.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Natural curiosity and ability to continually learn about our evolving complex ground system.
- Must be in junior standing or above in an undergraduate program in engineering or computer science (Masters or PhD also considered).
- Must be returning fall 2019 in an undergraduate/graduate or PhD program.
- Understanding of web services architecture software design, development and troubleshooting, API integration.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, Java or Angular.
- Experience with LINUX and/or UNIX compute environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational issues across multiple complex systems and propose and implement new solutions.
- Experience with high performance computing and resource scheduling.
- Experience with log aggregation tools (Elastic Stack, Splunk).
- Experience with AWS and supporting services in the cloud.
- Understanding of Service Oriented and Microservice Architectures.
- Experience supporting services deployed through a CI/CD pipeline.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.