Machine Learning Intern at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking a Machine Learning Intern to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The ML team is providing recommendations and ranking of items across our App, web-browser extension, and customer email notifications creating millions in revenue for Ibotta. As an ML intern you will be responsible for using the latest developments in machine learning, deep learning, and reinforcement learning to understand our models in depth and build novel state-of-the-art models to improve our ML models.
This will be a full-time, 12 week, internship during the summer of 2022. This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with the mentor on understanding our models, users and clients.
- Build, train, and validate deep learning, recommender, and reinforcement learning
- Run statistical analysis and create predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Develop recommender systems and machine learning algorithms for user targeting and personalization
- Build well tested, maintainable, and extendable code
- Report and understand system performance in detail, and identify ideas for improvement
What we are looking for:
- Juniors or Seniors working towards a bachelor’s/master’s degree with a focus in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or a related field
- Good understanding of the key concepts of Recommender Systems and Machine Learning
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively, work collaboratively and provide thoughtful, agile insights
- Python experience is required, as well as experience with either Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Spark/PySpark experience is an additional plus
- Ability to develop and maintain ML models
- Ability to visualize, analyze, and communicate results
- Experience with SQL required
- Good understanding of A/B testing and control group concepts
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay.
- The hourly compensation for this role is: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour worked. This compensation is specific only to Colorado.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.