Legal Intern at Xactly Corp
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Summer Internship
Position Level: Entry-Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Are you a career-driven student looking to take your first step into the in-house counsel world? Xactly, the leading sales performance management software company, is seeking a full-time Legal Intern to support our Legal team starting this summer 2020. This role is a 12-week internship starting in June 2020.
As the Legal Intern in Xactly Corporation's growing Denver office, you will have the opportunity to partner with the Legal team to gain valuable Legal experience. You will begin your internship by shadowing our Attorney's, learning the ins-and-outs of recruiting across all functions of a "Best Place to Work" organization. Once acclimated, your day will consist of working with our Attorney's, our Admins and other law students, we are looking for someone with a passion for Software and Privacy issues. Your summer internship will culminate in a final project, during which you will participate in an information security tabletop exercise and have the opportunity to present to Xactly's executive staff. On top of the above, you will participate in fun intern events, will learn a lot and will have a lot of FUN!
Xactly's Legal team is a group of driven, smart and inquisitive people with diverse backgrounds in the Law. We are a team that puts people first! True believers in the Xactly Culture, the Legal team ties Xactly's C.A.R.E. (Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence) values into everything we do. Our team is made up of three full time attorneys, as well as a contracts admin and a law clerk.
THE SKILL SET
• Working towards a Juris Doctorate degree with a graduation date between December 2020 - June 2021
• The desire to pursue a career corporate law post-graduation
• You have outstanding organizational skills
• You're proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
• You are able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing
• You have a passion for learning
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
• Develop a working relationship with Xactly's Legal team
• Have completed a 1:1 with each member of the Legal team and have a strong understanding of how Xactly's Legal team operates
• Receive administrative training on how to work within a fast-growing SaaS company
• Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
• Have a strong understanding of information security processes at Xactly
BY THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP, YOU'LL
• Have a strong understanding of how Xactly's Legal team functions
• Have the ability to issue spot a variety of legal issues that face in-house counsel
• Have a deep understanding of how Xactly's information security processes work
• Successfully present your end-of-internship presentation to Xactly's executive staff
BENEFITS & PERKS
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
● Parking & Commuter Benefits
● Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
● End of Month Surprises and Socials
● Periodic Massages
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.