IT Desktop Support Intern
We are looking for a Desktop Support intern for the fall semester who will support our Office IT team by completing and presenting projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure to the IT tech field as part of our dynamic internship program and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
- Setting up computer stations for new employees
- Assisting with setting up and moving into a new office
- IT asset disposition
- Responding to end-user requests
What we are looking for:
- Undergrad pursuing any technical degree.
- Excitement about being part of a fast paced IT team.
- Ability to work 20 hours a week.
- Ability to commit to a term of no less than six months.
- Apple Mac experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and have very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Position Reports to: VP, Tech Ops
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t