Who We Are
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven subscription service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out this article on Medium.
The Natural Science Communications Intern will contribute to internal and external scientific communication at Sunday. The intern will help lead science communication initiatives and develop a strong capability to curate scientific content intended for broad and diverse audiences. The Natural Science Communications Intern will build a portfolio of work for future opportunities in the field, while gaining an immersive experience building a foundation of science at a fast-paced, green tech start-up.
Sunday is seeking candidates who have natural science communications and/or nature-based interpretive skill sets, have a fresh perspective on urban ecology and are solution-oriented. This internship is designed for current students or recent graduates majoring in natural sciences or agricultural sciences, journalism, communications, or related fields. However, prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required.
The paid internship is approximately 20-25 hours per week for 10-12 weeks and can be fully remote.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that describes their interest in the position, a resume, and three science-focused writing samples to Teri@getsunday.com
- Support the organization, interpretation and communication of technical, science-based information on behalf of Sunday Science team.
- Work collaboratively with the Science office and other cross-functional teams within Sunday.
- Develop foundational lawn, nature-based, and home garden content based on the latest scientific findings.
- Build out scientific content for a variety of audience needs.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, assist with project development and lead initiatives to enhance the integration of Science into other facets of the company.
- Organize, design and deliver final project and presentation that will be utilized and integrated into Sunday Science department communications and functions.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for the natural world, environmental science and sustainability.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in nature-based sciences and/or agricultural science preferred.
- Creative, strategic thinker with intellectual curiosity.
- Strong interpersonal skills including flexibility, positivity, and relatability.
- Willingness to master multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting deadlines.
- Understands and fosters an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exhibits Sunday Core Values: Curious, Passionate, Courageous, Driven, Humble, Empathic.
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team.
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success.
- Location: Boulder, CO or Remote (if not located in Greater Boulder Area)
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.