- External Site Support- technical point of contact for software and bioinformatics-related training, troubleshooting, ongoing support throughout clinical trials
- Internal Production Support - technical point of contact for software training
- Internal collaboration and coordination between Clinical Operations, Oncology Software, and PMO
- Assisting with software related installation activities at external sites and evaluating systems for successful deployment of any new software versions or configurations
- Triage and answer technical support communications involving activities like examining and analyzing log files, and similar data and technology deep dives
- Escalate and communicate issues to the Software operations and development teams
- Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues. This includes the creation and maintenance of a tracking and knowledge database
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Invitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor – 1-2 years
- Experience with AWS and cloud installations
- Familiar with enterprise-class software infrastructure and configuration
- Some software development experience (school, professional, or self-guided)
- A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot software issues
- Preferred skills include cloud-computing knowledge, software development experience, and a major plus for biology or bioinformatics experience.
- Customer facing experience beneficial
- Understanding of NGS bioinformatics; ability to read/write bash and python a plus
- Process oriented with a high attention for detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to carefully analyze NGS data in a troubleshooting context would be helpful
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Insatiable curiosity
- Introspective and self-aware
- Puts the team harmony over their own self-interest
- Disciplined to follow process in a high-risk environment
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- Desire to work on a team and work closely with smart, passionate engineers and scientists.
- Comfortable working in a regulated environment.
- High standards
- Details matter
- Many procedure and processes
- Integrity of character - Confident in ability to speak up when necessary.
- Computer Science or Information Technology graduates preferred. A background in biology is also desirable.
- This position will require direct management of up to 5 direct reports.
- Responsibility for training, mentorship and review of direct reports.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $106,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.