Intern - Supply Chain at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: Boulder, CO (this position is onsite at our Boulder facility, this is not a remote internship)
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
The Supply Chain intern will work with the Supply Chain team to support the Planning, Procurement, Inventory and Logistics teams in support of Invitae’s Oncology products and delivery. This position will be project based but also support the daily tactical requirements of the site. Possible projects include:
- Improve and sustain Kanban processes
- Develop work instructions and training protocols for using Oracle
- Develop reports and metrics out of Oracle for the SCM team
- Implement supplier performance metrics and feedback loop
- Other projects at the discretion of the Supply Chain team
- Sophomore or Junior class level education experience at an accredited college or university
- Supply Chain, Business, or Industrial Engineering degree pursuit preferred
- A passion for the details and an ability to explain them
- Natural curiosity and desire to drive continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail and process
- Demonstrated ability to document and improve processes
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.) and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Honesty, integrity, and high ethical standards
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Undergraduate degree in a Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering discipline preferred.
- This position operates in a professional office environment.
- The job requires an individual to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The intern may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The intern is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The intern is frequently required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The intern is occasionally required to stand or walk.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position working standard business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM). This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This position is located in Boulder, CO.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In Colorado, our hourly rate for this role starts at $15.00 per hour. In determining the final rate offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate’s education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.