Intern - Supply Chain Management - Procurement at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern - Supply Chain Management – Procurement
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the overall enhancement and development of the Supply Chain Management organization and associated principles at Ball Aerospace.
- Capture metrics requirements, execute changes/upgrades/expansion to metrics to include data visualization, provide methods to monitor for improvement to Integrated Supply Chain.
- Integrate analytics to provide intelligence to users to prioritize workload and improve effectiveness.
- Support the implementation and improvement of SCM tools and processes and participate in tactical and strategic activities across disciplines.
- Perform buying duties including managing the Ball Aerospace/supplier relationship, interacting with internal customers to meet program needs, and tracking on time deliveries and expedites.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree program in Supply Chain Management or other related degree field is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to work independently while following management direction.
- Ability to work well in team environments.
- Willingness to learn outside of field of expertise.
- Some understanding of Supply Chain Management.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of administrative duties required.
- Experience with database management, data analysis and visualization preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.