Intern - Space Systems Engineering
Please review the job details below.
Our WorldView satellites are the premier high-resolution remote sensing space platforms in the commercial industry. The Space Systems engineering team is currently managing the procurement of our next generation remote-sensing satellites and launch services from concept through launch. In addition we are actively planning additional constellations of satellites to support our diverse customer base. Come be a part of the Space Systems team as we ramp up on the design and build of world-class satellites.
- The internship will participate directly and meaningfully in the system engineering tasks performed by the Space Systems engineering team.
- Candidate will work with engineering staff in support one or more of the following:
- Con-ops development for spacecraft commissioning.
- Determination of orbital phasing.
- Support development of interface of verification documentation.
- Support with attitude determination and control tool development.
- Independent review of performance budgets.
- Evaluating potential ride-share payloads on our upcoming launches.
- Defining interfaces between elements in our satellites and launch systems.
- Developing small-sat system concepts.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, enrolled for Fall 2019 semester.
- Currently enrolled in a university Engineering, Applied Physics or Applied Math program
- US citizenship required
- Strong math background, knowledge of closed form and numerical estimation methods, knowledge of orbital mechanics, familiarity with engineering budgeting methods (e.g. delta-V, pointing, power budgets).
- Knowledge of MATLAB, STK, SIMULINK
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and communication skills.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.